About The Running Channel
The Running Channel (TRC) is a YouTube channel and content brand. Co-founded by Adam Tranter, the CEO of the successful PR and Social Media agency Fusion Media and Andy Baddeley, two-time Olympian, parkrun WR holder and Cambridge University graduate.
The channel’s content is aimed at English-speaking runners around the world, ranging in ability from first-time parkrunners to more experienced marathoners. It consists of educational how-to guides, tips, fun and exciting challenges, features, series and more.
We are very much a startup, and the working environment is exciting and fast-paced, which means that you need to be flexible – in terms of day-to-day tasks, hours worked, and a job description that evolves as we do. If you would like to be part of a fun, vibrant and passionate team – and most importantly to contribute directly to the direction of the company, content and brand as we grow, then this is the right place for you.
Production Assistant is a key role at TRC, reporting to the Head of Content. There are a lot of moving parts to video production, especially with the fast turnaround times for YouTube content creation. The role will require an organised, driven person who enjoys a fastpaced environment, coordinating people, places and equipment and who understands the processes involved in video production.
The role will entail:
- Preparing and coordinating production schedules.
- Coordinating the channel’s line up of freelance, guest and full-time presenters and videographers, as well as talent (experts, guests and celebrities)
- Management of shoots on location as required.
- Booking equipment for each shoot, including TRC AV equipment and any external equipment or expertise required for individual shoots.
- Coordinating and booking travel and accommodation.
- Breakdown scripts to ensure sufficient time allocated to all elements of the production process.
- Securing locations including scouting. Arranging permissions and risk assessments if required.
- Direct presenters as necessary.
- Ensure productions run smoothly, meet deadlines and stay within budgets.
- During planning and filming, dealing with unexpected circumstances and finding workable solutions.
- Logistical support for film crew on shoots.
- Managing any event activation (eg trade shows).
- We encourage all our staff to be creative and make suggestions for videos and content – there will be opportunity to contribute to ideas, and be part of the planning process.
- Contributing to scriptwriting.
- Work outside normal working hours (eg evenings and weekends).
The Production Assistant will report to the Head of Content, but will have the autonomy to coordinate all aspects of multiple video shoots.
Required Experience and Skills
- Experience working in video production.
- A good understanding of the full production process from the initial video concept to the final video output.
- Knowledge of equipment – able to research and advise on best for each situation, able to maintain existing equipment.
- Strong demonstrable organisational and project management skills.
- Strong budgeting and financial skills
- Flexibility to work in a small, fast-paced team.
- A passion for running.
Please send a cover letter and your CV to Andy Baddeley, co-founder: email@example.com