Sales & Sponsorship Manager
About The Running Channel
The Running Channel (TRC) is a YouTube channel and content brand. Co-founded by Adam Tranter, the CEO of the successful PR and Social Media agency Fusion Media and Andy Baddeley, two-time Olympian, parkrun WR holder and Cambridge University graduate.
The channel’s content is aimed at English-speaking runners around the world, ranging in ability from first-time parkrunners to more experienced marathoners. It consists of educational how-to guides, tips, fun and exciting challenges, features, series and more.
We are very much a startup, and the working environment is exciting and fast-paced, which means that you need to be flexible – in terms of day-to-day tasks, hours worked, and a job description that evolves as we do. If you would like to be part of a fun, vibrant and passionate team – and most importantly to contribute directly to the direction of the company, content and brand as we grow, then this is the right place for you.
Sales & Sponsorship Manager is a key role at TRC, reporting to the CEO. We are looking to partner with like-minded brands, events, charities and sponsors to create video content that our audience will love, and that will deliver value to our clients. The role will require someone who enjoys a fastpaced environment and has an excellent knowledge of the sales and sponsorship landscape in the corporate, running and fitness worlds. We are a small team and are looking for someone who will help to shape TRC’s commercial offering.
The role will entail:
- Responsibility for developing commercial packages for TRC and delivering marketing and sales plans in order to meet or exceed the overall business objectives.
- Client prospecting, bespoke proposal creation and presentation, contract revision and servicing, and client follow-up and support.
- Liaison with the content team to ensure package deliverables are achievable and are ultimately met.
- Representing the company at industry functions.
- Using highly consultative sales techniques to make your clients aware of the commercial advantages of sponsoring TRC content.
- Tailoring your approach to meet the needs of customers and build strong relationships.
- Develop innovative new commercial packages to meet the needs and budgets of the clients.
- Build long term relationships with clients and prospects with the aim to maximise sales.
- Ownership and responsibility for delivering against revenue targets.
- Analysis of the market to identify opportunities.
- Managing the sales pipeline.
- We encourage all our staff to be creative and make suggestions for videos and content – there will be opportunity to contribute to ideas, and be part of the planning process.
- Work outside normal working hours (eg evenings and weekends).
Required Experience and Skills
- A detailed, demonstrable understanding of the running and fitness marketing landscape – knowledge of appropriate pricing and deliverables to ensure TRC packages are both commercially appealing and viable.
- Strong industry contacts.
- Example case studies of directly relevant sales or sponsorship packages you were responsible for.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and strict attention to detail is imperative.
- Experience in creating impactful presentation decks.
- Must be able to use good judgment and work independently within a dynamic, team-based environment with solid time-management and organisational skills.
- Good negotiation and listening skills are essential, as is the ability to match sponsorship packages to the needs of a client.
- Strong track record of reaching targets.
- Customer focus with the ability to build reliability and rapport over the phone and in-person.
- Confident in engaging key decision-maker of foremost companies.
- Flexibility to work in a small, fast-paced team.
- A passion for running.
Please send a cover letter and your CV to Andy Baddeley, co-founder: firstname.lastname@example.org