Application close date: 31/07/2021
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000 dependent on experience.
Location: Central London with some flexibility for working from home.
About The Running Channel
The Running Channel (TRC) is a YouTube channel and content publisher. The channel’s content is aimed at English-speaking runners around the world, ranging in ability from first-time runners to more experienced marathoners and beyond. It consists of educational how-to guides, tips, fun and exciting challenges, features, series and more.
We are very much a startup, and the working environment is exciting and fast-paced, which means that you need to be flexible – in terms of day-to-day tasks, hours worked, and a job description that evolves as we do. If you would like to be part of a fun, vibrant and passionate team – and most importantly to contribute directly to the direction of the company, content and brand as we grow, then this is the right place for you.
Videographer/Editor is a key role at TRC, reporting to the Video Lead. There are a lot of moving parts to video production, especially with the fast turnaround times for YouTube content creation. The role will incorporate every stage of a video’s production – storyboarding, creating shot lists, shooting and editing.
The role will entail:
- Filming on location or in-studio, either individually, alongside presenter(s), or with other videographers.
- Capturing raw footage and audio on location or in-studio.
- Editing raw material to create the finished video.
- Being able to tell a story, creating a compelling narrative.
- Working independently or closely with a presenter to achieve the desired end result.
- Shooting video and stills, operating various cameras, drones, lights and audio equipment.
- Working to tight deadlines.
- Making sure music and images used are appropriately licensed or rights free.
- Contributing to ideas, and being part of the planning process.
- Work outside normal working hours (eg evenings and weekends).
The Videographer/Editor will report to the Video Lead, and will work with other Videographers, Production Lead, the Assistant Producers, Production Assistant and Social Media Community Manager.
Required Experience and Skills
- Evidence of relevant self-shot and edited video content (eg running, outdoor, adventure as well as interview-style).
- Experience shooting and editing video. This role is suited to someone with 1-3 years experience.
- Experience piloting a drone for video purposes.
- For reference, we are mainly using the following equipment: Blackmagic Pocket 6k, Sony A7s ii, DJI Mavic Air 2, DJI Mavic Mini.
- Comprehensive experience using Adobe suite of products (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop).
- (Highly desirable) Excellent graphic design skills (typography, video graphics, layouts etc).
- Ability to tell a compelling video story.
- A good understanding of YouTube best practice and trends for successful content styles.
- A good understanding of the full production process from the initial video concept to the final video output.
- Knowledge of equipment – able to research and advise on best for each situation, able to maintain existing equipment.
- Flexibility to work in a small, fast-paced team.
- (Desirable) A Drone License
- (Desirable) A passion for running and the outdoors.
How To Apply
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A cover letter detailing why you would be suited to the role.
- Your showreel.
- A copy of your CV.
Applications without a cover letter or email will not be considered.
Applications close 31 August 2022.