About The Running Channel
The Running Channel (TRC) is a YouTube channel and content brand. Co-founded by Adam Tranter, the CEO of the successful PR and Social Media agency Fusion Media and Andy Baddeley, two-time Olympian, parkrun WR holder and Cambridge University graduate.
The channel’s content is aimed at English-speaking runners around the world, ranging in ability from first-time parkrunners to more experienced marathoners. It consists of educational how-to guides, tips, fun and exciting challenges, features, series and more.
We are very much a startup, and the working environment is exciting and fast-paced, which means that you need to be flexible – in terms of day-to-day tasks, hours worked, and a job description that evolves as we do. If you would like to be part of a fun, vibrant and passionate team – and most importantly to contribute directly to the direction of the company, content and brand as we grow, then this is the right place for you.
Videographer/Editor is a key role at TRC, reporting to the Head of Content. There are a lot of moving parts to video production, especially with the fast turnaround times for YouTube content creation. This role is ideally suited to someone with 2-5 years of relevant experience.
The role will require someone who enjoys a fastpaced environment and is happy to be involved in every stage of a video’s production – storyboarding, creating shot lists, shooting and editing. We are a small team and are looking for someone who is happy to do everything themselves if required – without the assistance of a large crew!
The role will entail:
- Filming on location or in-studio, either individually, alongside presenter(s), or with other videographers.
- Capturing raw footage and audio on location or in-studio.
- Editing raw material to create the finished product.
- Being able to tell a story, creating a compelling narrative.
- Working independently or closely with a presenter to achieve the desired end result.
- Shooting video and stills, operating various cameras, drones, lights and audio equipment.
- Working to tight deadlines.
- Making sure music and images used are appropriately licensed or rights free.
- We encourage all our staff to be creative and make suggestions for videos and content – there will be opportunity to contribute to ideas, and be part of the planning process.
- Work outside normal working hours (eg evenings and weekends).
The Videographer/Editor will report to the Head of Content, and will work with other Videographers, the Production Assistant and Social Media Community Manager.
Required Experience and Skills
- Experience shooting and editing video.
- Comprehensive experience using Adobe suite of products (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop).
- Ability to tell a compelling video story.
- A good understanding of YouTube best practice and trends for successful content styles.
- A good understanding of the full production process from the initial video concept to the final video output.
- Knowledge of equipment – able to research and advise on best for each situation, able to maintain existing equipment.
- Flexibility to work in a small, fast-paced team.
- A passion for running.
Please send a cover letter and your CV including showreel to Andy Baddeley, co-founder: firstname.lastname@example.org